We are looking for a highly motivated person with project management experience. This exciting opportunity would suit an individual wishing to become a CEO or BID Manager in the next few years and seeking operational, contract management and business engagement experience.
OPERATIONS MANAGER – JOB DESCRIPTION
- Salary: £40,000 to £45,000 p.a. DOE
- Hours: Full Time, 35 hours per week
PaddingtonNow Business Improvement District (BID) was established in 2005 and is entering its fifth term. The BID area covers 35 streets around Paddington Station and contains 290 member businesses. Representing primarily the hotel, office, restaurant and retail sectors the BID has the following core themes:
- Safety First
- Greening and Cleaning
- Commercial Recycling
- Destination Marketing and Promotion
Highly motivated with project management experience, partnership working and stakeholder engagement skills, this exciting opportunity would suit an individual wishing to become a CEO or BID Manager in the next few years and seeking operational, contract management and business engagement experience.
Working with the CEO to support the Safer Paddington project portfolio:
- The BID operates a Community Safety Team of four uniformed security officers to patrol the streets and seek to reduce anti-social behaviour and crime as well as reporting environmental issues. The contractor manages their HR and personnel matters but the day-to-day monitoring, briefing and tasking is undertaken by the BID Operations Manager.
- Assisting with plans to generate new energy and interest in the existing PubWatch and communication systems.
- Assisting, creating, providing relevant training for businesses.
- Responding to community safety and security enquiries from businesses.
- Partnership and engagement development with support services that can help tackle anti-social behaviour and deliver a safer environment. This particularly includes Metropolitan Police teams – both local and operation specific, such as Counter terrorism – WCC City Inspectors and associated partners, St Mungo’s and the West London Mission homeless hostels.
- Servicing the BlD’s Security sub group of the Board, preparing agendas, papers and minutes, liaising with the Chair of the sub group and business members between meetings.
Greening and Cleaning
The Operations Manager has responsibility for a number of high-profile BID projects and services, including:
- Leading on the BID’s greening contracts, which includes hotel gardens, high
street planters, hanging baskets, liaising with suppliers and businesses as required to ensure quality and safety. This includes leading on green initiatives and projects when they arise, the BID’s Paddington In Bloom activities and annual entry to London In Bloom.
- Leading on Air Quality initiatives including No Idling Campaigns and National Clean Air Day.
- Researching best practice from other BIDs and similar groups in the field of sustainability.
- Undertaking research and analysis of PaddingtonNow’s inputs and outcomes in this area.
- Managing smaller jointly procured contracts for businesses such as pest control.
- Identifying, logging and reporting environmental issues in the BID area, taking these forward with agencies such as Westminster City Council (WCC) (e.g. lighting, highway defects, waste, fly-tipping), tracking actions, finding solutions to issues logged during street audits and noting progress made. Participate in partner agency initiatives to support partners and any associated improvement projects.
- Servicing the BlD’s Environment and Planning sub group of the Board, preparing agendas, papers and minutes, liaising with the Chair of the sub group and business members between meetings.
The Operations Manager will lead on managing and developing our services for businesses in the PaddingtonNow area:
- Acting as client for the BlD’s extensive, commercial recycling service to businesses, dealing with missed collections, bag contaminations, queries on special collections and complaints, whilst liaising closely with WCC and our contractors.
- Keeping on top of expenditure and budgets, ensuring contract compliance and value for money.
Destination Marketing and Promotion
Working with the CEO and the Marketing and Events Manager you will act as an advocate for the Paddington area and the BlD’s activities:
- Overseeing the BlD’s assets in Norfolk Square Gardens, ensuring the table tennis table, deckchairs, Topiary Garden and Paddingtonscape (Paddington Bear) statue are maintained and serviced.
- Ensure that information gathered from businesses (such as forthcoming events, seasonal menus, special offers) are fed back to the team for inclusion in the newsletter, magazine, website, social media and to help generate relevant topics for networking events and the AGM.
- Ensure that projects and initiatives developed in subgroup meetings are considered and communicated to the team for their marketing/PR potential.
- Support with major event organisation, particularly logistics where liaison with WCC and MPS officers is involved such as TENS applications, temporary structure licences and noise issues.
Supporting businesses and representing PaddingtonNow at a number of levels:
- Representing PaddingtonNow at operations relevant Police, WCC and TfL meetings as required.
- Responding actively to business enquiries, undertaking small scale casework queries.
- Responding to BID levy enquiries from new or existing businesses, organising and holding welcome meetings with businesses new to the BID area.
- Ensuring business details are kept up to date and accurate on contact databases.
- Assisting with the preparation of Board, sub group, PubWatch and AGM meetings, following up on attendance confirmation, producing delegate lists, preparing and managing action logs.
We are seeking someone who is highly motivated with project management experience, partnership working and stakeholder engagement skills.
This exciting opportunity would suit an individual wishing to become a CEO or BID Manager in the next few years, seeking operational, contract management and business engagement experience.
- An efficient, proactive team member, capable of working on multiple projects and activities, maintaining high levels of good customer service and client relationships when under pressure.
- A creative planner and thinker; you should be able to demonstrate experience of research and best practice in developing projects from idea though to reality and delivery, and capable of problem solving.
- An individual able to monitor and evaluate progress of projects and services.
- The ability to work in partnership with a wide range of organisations and stakeholders encouraging co-operation and have the diplomacy to manage the needs of a number of different partners.
- Communication skills, in both written form and verbal presentation, will be of a high standard.
- Well organised, demonstrating experience at project planning and execution; flexible enough to manage your own workload.
- Good level of IT proficiency, we use MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and desk top publishing programmes.
- Previous experience of working with or representing businesses or business organisations or in a customer facing role would be an advantage but not essential.
Place of Work & Hours
You will be employed by PaddingtonNow BID and based at our offices in Paddington.
This is a full time position of 35 hours per week with normal office hours of 9.00am to 5.00pm and a one hour lunchbreak. The role calls for occasional evening and weekend working, for which time off in lieu will be given by arrangement with the CEO.
25 days per annum, plus paid public holidays.
This is a permanent position. Appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and a probationary period of three months.
How to Apply
Send a completed application form plus covering letter to:
If you would like an informal discussion about the role please call Victoria Dell on 07792 714837.
The closing date for applications is 10.00 a.m. on Monday 5th April 2023, short listed candidates will then be contacted to arrange an interview in Paddington.
Due to the volume of applicants we regret that we may not be able to reply to those applicants who have not been short-listed.