A Business Improvement District (BID) is a business-led and business funded body formed to improve a defined commercial area. BIDs provide additional or improved services, identified by local businesses.
What is a BID?
PaddingtonNow BID is an independent not-for-profit company and is led by a board of non-executive, unpaid directors.
Our board members play the vital role of representing business sectors in the area, including offices, hotels, pubs, restaurants and more.
The benefits of BIDs are wide-ranging and include:
- Businesses decide and direct what they want in their area.
- Businesses are represented and have a voice on issues affecting their trading area.
- BID levy money is ring-fenced for use only in the BID area.
- Reduced business costs.
- Enhanced marketing and promotion.
- Participation in place shaping vision activities
- Events and networking opportunities with neighbouring businesses.
- Representation when dealing with the Council, Police and other public bodies.