We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Business Engagement Manager to join our team and play a pivotal role in fostering positive relationships between PaddingtonNow BID and local businesses. As the Business Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for creating strong relationships with local businesses, understanding their needs, and ensuring their active participation in our district’s initiatives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To fully understand the functioning of the BID and the services it provides and assist with delivery of all core themes.
- Manage relationships with member businesses and key stakeholders in the area.
- Be the first point of contact for all BID businesses, ensuring links are established with the most appropriate contact at each organisation to facilitate effective information sharing.
- Understand and address the needs and concerns of local businesses; identifying the key areas for the BID to focus its activity and maximise engagement opportunities.
- Ensure information and contact details gathered is fed back to marketing for inclusion in the newsletter, magazine, website, social media and to help generate relevant topics for events.
- To monitor levy income and change of business usage.
- To monitor maintain, and action as necessary Westminster listings.
- To co-ordinate and undertake surveys to gain business and user feedback as appropriate.
- To prepare appropriate reports and evaluation to keep the Board up to date on progress, and to identify opportunities allowing the Board to make informed, appropriate and timely decisions.
- To play a key role in member engagement in the run up to BID Ballots.
- To ensure the accurate recording, analysis and cleansing of data in relation to the CRM database – BIDBase.
- Plan and execute a programme of business information and networking events in conjunction with the Marketing Manager that delivers value to members and responds to their needs as identified through surveying and feedback.
- To support the team with event organisation and delivery.
The ideal candidate is a personable, confident communicator with the ability to identify and respond to the needs of businesses and other stakeholders, they must be resilient and able to think on their feet. The successful candidate will combine strengths in relationship building with sound organisational skills to deliver projects to time and budget.
- Relevant work experience or relevant transferable skills in business engagement, member organisations, community relations, or similar role. (Essential)
- Solid experience of developing and managing relationships with a range of businesses and other stakeholders (Essential)
- Using customer relationship management databases (Desirable)
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to interact and communicate professionally and confidently with a range of business, public sector and community stakeholders on email, telephone and in person (Essential)
- Highly skilled at managing and developing relationships with people from a range of backgrounds and organisations (Essential)
- Organisational skills to comfortably tackle multiple projects and objectives, prioritising own workload and working to tight deadlines (Essential)
- Project management, business planning and budget management skills (Essential)
- Knowledge of Business Improvement Districts, local and central government and their structures and relationships (Desirable)
- Understanding of the issues facing business and resident communities in relation to redevelopment and regeneration (Desirable)
- Confident user of MS Office suite (Essential)
PLACE OF WORK AND HOURS:
You will be employed by PaddingtonNow BID and based at our offices in Paddington, 1 Spring Street, W2 3RA.
This is a full-time position of 35 hours per week with normal office hours of 9.00am to 5.00pm and a one hour lunchbreak. The role calls for occasional evening and weekend working, for which time off in lieu will be given by arrangement with the CEO.
For more information about PaddingtonNow BID visit https://paddingtonnow.co.uk/about-us/
25 days per annum, plus paid public holidays.
This is a permanent position. Appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and a probationary period of three months.
To apply, send your C.V and cover letter outlining:
- Why you are interested in the role.
- Why you are the best candidate for it.
- An example that demonstrates your ability to develop strong business relationships.
If you would like any more information about the role, please email Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 10.00 a.m. on Wednesday 24th January 2024 short listed candidates will then be contacted to arrange an interview in Paddington.
Due to the volume of applicants, we regret that we may not be able to reply to those applicants who have not been short-listed.
Click here for the PDF version of the Job Description.