In a move to enhance efficiency and convenience for businesses, Westminster City Council is set to unveil a new E-Billing service. This marks a step toward modernising the process of collecting the BID levy which is usually sent out manually as a hard copy.
If you would like to opt in for e-billing please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and supply the reference(s) and the email address to be used.
1. When is the go-live date for the new E-Billing service?
Email email@example.com now to opt in for e-billing.
2. Who will be automatically moved to BID E-Billing?
Businesses using Direct Debit (DD) for business rates and already on E-Billing will be automatically shifted to BID E-Billing. Use the same email for both business rate and BID levy E-Bills.
3. How can businesses on Direct Debit but not on E-Billing join?
They need to opt in for both business rates and BID bills to start enjoying the benefits of E-Billing.
4. Can businesses not on DD opt for BID E-Billing?
Yes, businesses not on DD can opt in for BID E-Billing. However, email delivery for business rates is only possible for DD users. Businesses wishing to receive both bills by email may sign up for Direct Debit online at Business rates | Westminster City Council
5. What’s the process for opting in to E-Billing?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your reference(s) and the designated email.
6. Where will E-Bills be issued from?
E-Bills will be sent from email@example.com. Avoid sending messages to this address.
7. What happens if E-Bill emails fail to be delivered?
Failed deliveries will be investigated and adjusted or removed from E-Billing as needed.
8. What if a business doesn’t pay their BID E-Bill on time?
A paper reminder will be sent in due course.
9. What if a business fails to pay the BID levy upon reminder issuance?
The business will be removed from BID E-Billing, and a paper bill will be issued. Recovery action will follow as necessary.
10. How is access granted to the BID E-Bill PDF attachment?
A password will be sent to the email provided. Businesses using the same email for multiple BID accounts will receive consolidated E-Bills in one PDF attachment – scroll down to view them all.
If you have any questions related to e-billing please email firstname.lastname@example.org.