London will move in to a Tier 3 lockdown on December 16 due to a rise in numbers throughout the capital.
Which businesses can remain open?
- retail premises can open in a COVID-secure manner.
- personal care and close contact services such as hairdressers and barbers, beauty salons, tattoo parlours, nail salons, spas and beauty services can remain open.
- outdoor tourism and entertainment venues can remain open subject to following the relevant rules and guidelines.
- outdoor events, such as funfairs can continue to happen in line with COVID-secure guidance.
- Everyone who can work effectively from home must do so. Where people cannot do so – including but not limited to, people who work in critical national infrastructure, construction, or manufacturing – they should continue to travel to their workplace.
Which businesses must close?
- hospitality settings, such as bars (including shisha bars), pubs, cafes, restaurants, and social clubs must close except for takeaway, delivery and click and collect services.
- Accommodation such as hotels, B&Bs, campsites, holiday lets and guest houses must close, with some limited exceptions.
For a full list of businesses that can remain open, restrictions on service and exemptions please visit the GOV.UK website here