On Tuesday 9 July, PaddingtonNow BID will once again go head to head with BID’s in London in a race for the coveted London in Bloom, Gold and Best in Category awards.
Taking part in London in Bloom not only shines a light on Paddington, it helps tackle everything from litter, graffiti and anti-social behaviour, through to conservation, sustainability and community empowerment.
Communities that participate in the competition benefit in a variety of ways, but the most common benefits are:
- Cleaner and greener surroundings
- Safer environments
- A reduction in anti-social behaviour
- An improvement on issues such as sustainability, conservation, litter and graffiti
- An increase in civic pride and sense of community empowerment
- Increased commercial enterprise and tourism
If you are a resident or business on Spring Street, Craven Road, Sussex Gardens, Sale Place, Star Street, Bouverie Place, Praed Street, Norfolk Square, Talbot Square or in Conduit Mews we would love you to get involved.
- Please remove any artificial flowers from the outside of your properties, we get actively marked down for these. Even better replace them with some real ones!
- Keep your flowers dead headed and tidy.
- Make sure there are no visible weeds on the plants and if possible the paving around your property.
- If you are a business on Praed Street and Sussex Gardens please don’t put out any rubbish bags until after 6pm.
- Show your support by downloading this poster and popping it on your window or somewhere in your business.
Its time to show off, show us what you can do! For more information or to ask any questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org/wordpress