The current BID Manager is retiring in 2023 and the Board are seeking a new Chief Executive Officer to lead and represent the BID and enhance its presence and activities in the area.
Chief Executive Officer
PaddingtonNow BID Board
A Business Improvement District (BID) operates in a defined geographic area within which businesses opt (via a ballot) to provide services for their business community to support improvements to the overall trading environment in which they all operate.
PaddingtonNow BID was established in 2005 and has just won a Renewal Ballot to secure a fifth term which will run until 31st March 2028. The BID area covers 35 streets in the older part of Paddington and contains around 290 member businesses.
The Renewal Proposal sets out the BID’s plans and aims for the coming five years. It can be downloaded at https://paddingtonnow.co.uk/about-us/renewal-2023-28/
To provide strategic and operational management for PaddingtonNow BID, engaging with key stakeholders, including levy payers and non-levy papers within the BID area, Westminster City Council, the Metropolitan Police Service and community organisations. To be responsible to the BID board for the delivery of the business plan and to manage contract and services delivery against budgets. To identify opportunities for the betterment of the BID area and propose these to the Board.
- Lead the organisation, internally and externally.
- Proactively seek opportunities to extend the scope of delivery; build external relationships.
- Manage the operational team to ensure effective and efficient delivery of the Company’s objectives, as agreed by the Board.
- Ensure management of office and staff is conducted in accordance with the Company’s approved management systems and protocols.
- Ensure that the Chair and Directors are regularly briefed on operational activities, (including opportunities and threats).
- Provide updates on all matters of consequence to the Chair (and to the Board where appropriate).
- Arrange for, attend and contribute to Board meetings.
- Monitor and manage performance of the Company against the overall Business Plan and annual action/delivery plans.
- Manage and/or oversee all projects delivered by the Company ensuring time and budget targets are met.
- Promote the Company to stakeholders and Levy Payers and ensure appropriate messages about the Company’s activities and achievements are delivered.
- Be the operational point of contact for relevant partners and work to coordinate the aims of the Company with other appropriate initiatives.
- Safeguard the financial position of the BID to ensure that performance is in-line with approved budgets and cash flow forecasts.
- Take a lead on the generation of non-core income.
- Oversee contractual and payment arrangements in respect of appointed contractors and suppliers.
- Identify and pursue new opportunities for extending the range, benefits and income of the Company.
Click here for the full job description including Person Specification, Terms and Conditions and Salary.
If you would like to apply please send a completed application form plus covering letter to:
Christopher Peers, PaddingtonNow BID, 7 Praed Street, London, W2 1NJ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 5.00 p.m. on Monday 23rd January 2023.
Interviews of short listed candidates will take place during w/c 30th January in Paddington.